Cape St. Elias Lighthouse Keepers
On lease from the Coast Guard to Cape St. Elias Lighthouse Keepers. The organization began the restoration of the light station in the summer of 2000. The restored boathouse is open for overnight visitors interested in adventure travel.
Tower Height: 55
Height of Focal Plane: 85
Description of Tower: White, art deco square concrete tower attached to fog signal building.
This light is operational
1916 two story wood keeper's house, 1916 fog signal building, storage building.
Date Established: 1916
Date Present Tower Built: 1916
Date Automated: 1974
Optics: 1916: Third order Fresnel lens; now 190mm, solar powered.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes.
Boat and helicopter access only. If you are planning to stay overnight at the station contact the Lightkeepers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-424-ORCA and they will arrange transportation from Cordova.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: ? Clark (Coast Guard, 1970-1971)
Nearby Lodging: Guests at Cape St. Elias stay in the renovated boathouse. These accommodations house up to ten people. The boathouse is rustic, but definitely comfortable.