Chambers Island Park
This lighthouse was replaced by a nearby skeletal tower in 1961. The lighthouse is very similar to Eagle Bluff Light in Fish Creek, except that the tower at Chambers Island in octagonal and Eagle Bluff is square. The lighthouse is within 40-acre Chambers Island Park.
Tower Height: 67
Height of Focal Plane: 68
Description of Tower: Octagonal brick tower attached to keeper's house.
This light is not operational
1868 1.5 story brick keeper's house.
Date Established: 1868
Date Present Tower Built: 1868
Date Deactivated: 1961
Optics: 1868: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Attraction in park.
Open To Public? Yes.
Open to the public when caretaker is present (most weekends and some weekdays from June 15 through Labor Day) .The Door County Maritime Museum runs occasional tours of Chambers Island Light in the summer and fall; call 920-743-5958 for details.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Lewis S. Williams (1868-1889); Peter Knudsen (1889-1891); Charles E. Young (1891-1895); Soren Christenson (?); Joseph Napeizinski (1900-1906); Jens Rollefson (?); Claude Chapman (?); Alfred Cornell (?-1942).