US Fish & Wildlife, Quillayute Needles National Wildlife Refuge
Tower Height: 94
Height of Focal Plane: 147
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 10 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, conical masonry tower.
Listed on the Lighthouse Digest Doomsday List of endangered lighthouses.
This light is operational
1.5 story wood frame keeper's house, concrete fog signal building, storage building, two oil houses, cart storage building.
Date Established: 1891
Date Present Tower Built: 1891
Date Automated: 1968
Optics: 1891: First order Fresnel lens (now at Westport Maritime Museum, phone 360-268-0078), now solar powered VRB-25 optic.
Fog Signal: Automated horn.
Current Use: Deactivated.
Open To Public? No.
This lighthouse can be seen distantly from Ruby Beach on U.S. Route 101. Reaching it by boat can be dangerous since seas are often rough in the area. This island is now off limits to the public.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Keepers: Christian Zauner (1889–1898), Mark Grayson (1898–1905), Harold A. Salisbury (1905–1906), John F. Enquist (1906–1911), Clifford B. Hermann (1911–1919), Albert Beyer (1919–1922), William Hill (1923–1924), William Kitchen (1936–1938), Albert Beyer (1939–?)