This light once marked a channel or "cut" through Long Point. The light was deactivated after the cut gradually filled in. The original lantern was removed and was replaced by a very different structure. The lighthouse was completely restored during 1999-2000 and now closely resembles the original structure built in 1879. It is used as a private residence.
Tower Height: 50
Description of Tower: Pyramidal wooden tower attached to keeper's quarters.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1879
Date Present Tower Built: 1879
Date Deactivated: 1916
Current Use: Private residence.
Open To Public? No.
The lighthouse is on the road to Long Point Provincial Park, just west of the park on Highway 59. Keep in mind that it is private property.
Keepers: Esley Woodward (1879-?), ? Dickenson (? -1901), Frank Mason (1901-1916)