City of Erie
The 1818 20-foot stone tower here (originally known as Presque Isle Light) was about 200 yards west of the current lighthouse. The present lighthouse became the property of the City of Erie in 1934, and it is now part of the city's Land Lighthouse Park. For a long time it had no lantern; a replica lantern was installed in 1989. The replica lantern was destroyed in a storm in May 2003. A new lantern was installed and the lighthouse was rededicated in June 2004.
Tower Height: 49
Height of Focal Plane: 128
Description of Tower: Conical unpainted sandstone tower.
This light is not operational
1867 two-story wood frame keeper's house.
1818: 20-foot square stone tower; 1858: 56-foot brick tower.
Date Established: 1818
Date Present Tower Built: 1867
Date Deactivated: 1899
Optics: 1867: Third order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Attraction in Land Lighthouse Park.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Follow PA Route 5 Alternate (Lake Road East), turn north at Lighthouse Road. The park is at the end of the road.