Estonian Maritime Administration
Naissaare Lighthouse is a major light in the approaches to Tallinn, Estonia's capital city. The ferries to Stockholm and Helsinki pass to the east of the island. In 1849, one of the two original towers was discontinued and the northern light was rebuilt as a circular stone tower, which was completely destroyed during the Second World War (1941).
Tower Height: 147
Height of Focal Plane: 154
Characteristic and Range: Long white flash (3s) every 10 seconds, visible for 15 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal concrete tower, upper portion red.
This light is operational
1788: Two wooden lighthouses forming a range. 1849: Round stone tower, 115 feet tall. 1946: unpainted octagonal wooden tower, 124 feet tall (temporary).
Date Established: 1788
Date Present Tower Built: 1960
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.