This lighthouse was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in August 2005.
Description of Tower: Wooden tower on roof of wooden keeper's quarters.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1855
Date Present Tower Built: 1855
Date Deactivated: 1945
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: James Cain (c. 1861), Thomas Harrison (c. 1862, died in service), John M. Read (c. 1863-1899), Leon Riche (?)