U.S. Coast Guard
This lighthouse was badly damaged by a runaway barge in 1969. It was eventually repaired. The foundation and chimney of the old keeper’s house still stand.
Tower Height: 25
Height of Focal Plane: 28
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 4 seconds,
Description of Tower: White octagonal tower with no lantern.
This light is operational
1889: Wooden square pyramidal structure on sandstone foundation.
Date Established: 1889
Date Present Tower Built: 1930s
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Sauvie Island can be reached by bridge from US 30 near Burlington. The lighthouse is accessed via a three-mile hike from the end of Reeder Road.
Keepers: Frank DeRoy (circa 1920s)