Digest>Archives> Sep/Oct 2019

200-Year-Old Log Book Donated


You can see an enlarged version of this picture by clicking here.
>> Click to enlarge <<
Photo by: Betty Mistler

This past June 26, the 1820 log book from West Quoddy Head Lighthouse in Lubec, Maine was donated to the West Quoddy Head Light Keepers Association by Richard and Betty Lippencott of Yarmouth, Maine. The log book dates to the time when Peter Godfrey was the keeper from 1813 to 1839. Richard Lippencott is shown holding the log book with his sons David and Steven at the lighthouse. Five members of the Godfrey family served at West Quoddy Head Lighthouse. Watch for more details on the log book and the Godfrey family of lighthouse keepers in a future edition of Lighthouse Digest.

This story appeared in the Sep/Oct 2019 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History