Although this photograph was taken shortly after the United States Coast Guard Chapel was completed, it remains relatively the same as it was when it was built
The chapel, which is open to all faiths, was dedicated
on June 6, 1952, having
been made possible through nationwide contributions.
Inside a plaque testifies that the building is “Dedicated to the heroic and valiant members of the United States Coast Guard who have sacrificed their lives in the performance of duty
in peace and in war.”
This story appeared in the
May 2006 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.