Digest>April 2008

Photo Caption:

The Lubec Channel Lighthouse in Lubec, Maine, where Capt. Loring Myers was the lighthouse keeper for an amazing 33 years, will be one of the lighthouses included in the first ever International Lighthouse Challenge, "Lights Across the Border," to be held on August 9 of this year. Loring Myers was the uncle of Connie Small, Maine's 'First Lady of Light' who wrote the book, "The Lighthouse Keeper's Wife." Interestingly, when Connie Small's husband joined the lighthouse service, he was appointed as assistant keeper in 1920 under Loring Myers and appointed head keeper when Myers retired in 1923. Also interesting is that Loring Myers mother was a governess to the children of a lighthouse keeper at nearby West Quoddy Head Light, also in Lubec.
Back to the edition of: April 2008


Thirty-Three Years Of Walking In Circles
Back to the edition of: April 2008

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History