Digest>March 2006

Photo Caption:

Libby Island Lighthouse from a photograph taken in 1891 when Alexander M. Drisko was the keeper there. Danford O. French, who was Drisko's son-in-law, served with him as assistant keeper. Sadly, most of the buildings of the 1882 light station no longer stand. Today, the tower is owned by the U. S. Department of Fish & Wildlife. Photograph courtesy of Chris Crowley.
Back to the edition of: March 2006


Shipwreck Sailors Took Refuge at Libby Island In the Great Gale of 1891
Back to the edition of: March 2006

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History