Digest>March 2006

Photo Caption:

Alexander M. Drisko (1836 – 1901) served as the assistant keeper of Maine's Libby Island Lighthouse from 1884 to 1885 and then as head keeper from 1885 to 1891. Prior to that, William H. Drisko served as the keeper from 1883 to 1885 and before that, Charles A. Drisko from 1877 to 1883. After Alexander Drisko left his position as the keeper at Libby Island, he moved to Jonesport where he took on the position as the lamplighter of the spindle light at Moosabec Reach, a position he held until his death from a stroke in December 1901.
Back to the edition of: March 2006


Shipwreck Sailors Took Refuge at Libby Island In the Great Gale of 1891
Back to the edition of: March 2006

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History