Digest>Jan/Feb 2016

Photo Caption:

Seguin Island Lighthouse Station as it appeared in 1958-59 when Walter F. Stephens was stationed as an assistant Coast Guard keeper. Walter and his wife Mary and daughter Beverly lived with him in the brick duplex house by the lighthouse. They lived on the side that is used today as the caretaker’s quarters. The other side is where the Officer-In-Charge lived and is now where the museum and gift shop is. The other house, shown front and middle, was housing for an additional assistant keeper. It no longer stands. The building shown to the front right is the fog signal building. (Lighthouse Digest archives photo.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016


Memories of Life at Seguin Island Lighthouse
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History