Digest>May/Jun 2015

Photo Caption:

Lighthouse keeper Frank Drew (l) and his brother, lighthouse keeper George Drew (r) with their wives at Green Island Lighthouse. George Drew served at Chambers Island Lighthouse as the 1st assistant keeper from November 1, 1903 to July 15, 1909. They were feared dead when they got trapped on an ice floe. On December 5, 1998, the Coast Guard named a Coast Guard cutter after Frank Drew. (Photo courtesy U.S. Coast Guard, Cornell and Angwall families.)
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2015


Chambers Island Lighthouse - A Somewhat Forgotten Wisconsin Beacon
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2015

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History