Digest>May/Jun 2015

Photo Caption:

Standing on the lighthouse boat at Chambers Island Lighthouse are 1st assistant keeper Ted Jacobson and head keeper Claude F. Chapman. Chapman was the head keeper at Chambers Island from 1925 to 1933. He had previously served at the Sheboygan Pierhead Lighthouse, the Sturgeon Bay Pierhead Lighthouse, and from 1906 to 1925 he had been the head keeper at the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal Lighthouse. (Courtesy Gibraltar Historical Society.)
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2015


Chambers Island Lighthouse - A Somewhat Forgotten Wisconsin Beacon
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2015

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History