Digest>Mar/Apr 2013

Photo Caption:

William Converse Tapley was the first head keeper to serve at Ram Island Ledge Lighthouse. He reported for duty in 1905 and stayed there until 1929. He lived there without electricity and indoor plumbing as did all subsequent lighthouse keepers. He had previously served in Maine at Saddleback Ledge Lighthouse from 1890 to 1896 and Deer Island Thorofare Lighthouse from 1896 to 1905. (Michigan Lighthouse Conservancy, Jeff Shook collection, Lighthouse Digest archives.
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2013


Seen By Many, Forgotten By Many
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2013

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History