Digest>Mar/Apr 2013

Photo Caption:

Early view of Ram Island Ledge Lighthouse shortly after its construction. The lighthouse was lighted for the first time on the bitter cold night of January 23, 1905. Three keepers were assigned to the lighthouse, each staying for two week shifts with 12-hour days which was followed by a week of shore leave. (Brad Wetherall collection, Lighthouse Digest archives)
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2013


Seen By Many, Forgotten By Many
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2013

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History