Digest>Nov/Dec 2012

Photo Caption:

The 1885 wooden Charlevoix South Pierhead Lighthouse stood until 1948 when it was replaced by the lighthouse that is there today, which is of a similar appearance. According to the Charlevoix Historical Society, the fog bell was nicknamed Ferdinand by locals after the bellowing of the Walt Disney cartoon character Ferdinand the Bull. The whereabouts of the fog bell remains a mystery to this day.
Back to the edition of: Nov/Dec 2012


Color Controversy Surrounds Charlevoix Beacon
Back to the edition of: Nov/Dec 2012

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History