William T. Langlois spent 10 years at Tillamook Rock Lighthouse from 1896 to 1899 and again as head keeper from 1903 to 1910. This rock fragment, painted by William or one of the keepers during his time, was tossed up at the lighthouse from the wave action in the adjoining crevice during one of Tilly’s fierce storms. (Courtesy of William M. Langlois)
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2023
A Day in the Life of Rasmus Petersen
All contents copyright © 1995-2023 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2023