Digest>Jul/Aug 2021

Photo Caption:

Undated photo of Hans Jacob Hanson with his wife Annie and daughter Harriet. Hans Hanson was the 1st assistant keeper at Plum Island Rear Range Lighthouse from 1897 to 1889 and then head keeper from August 1, 1899 to August 9, 1905 when he accepted a transfer to Michigan’s Menominee Pierhead Lighthouse. Born on February 16, 1866 he died of a heart attack in Menominee on October 9, 1923. He left behind his wife and five children. (Lighthouse Digest archives, courtesy Door County Maritime Museum)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2021


Lighthouse Restoration on Plum Island
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2021

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History