Digest>Sep/Oct 2020

Photo Caption:

In 1916, a 60-foot erector set style steel tower was installed on the pier approximately 250 yards from the Menominee North Pier Lighthouse so that the towers could act as range lights to guide mariners into the harbor. The elevated metal walkway, shown here, was originally used at the Wisconsin’s Sheboygan North Pier Lighthouse and moved here in 1917. It was used to get to the lighthouse in inclement weather when waves or ice would cover the pier. The walkway was removed after the lighthouse was automated in 1972. (Lighthouse Digest archives)
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2020


Menominee North Pier Light Vandalized
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2020

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History