Digest>Mar/Apr 2020

Photo Caption:

Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Station as it appeared in 1935 during the time that John E. Smith was the head keeper. The lighthouse was built in 1829 to replace an earlier tower that had been constructed in 1825 that toppled over in November of 1828. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2020


John Ernest Smith
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2020

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History