Digest>Mar/Apr 2020

Photo Caption:

Assistant keeper John S. Van Natter (l) and head keeper John Ernest Smith (r) admire the fog horns and the two amber colored 250,000 candle power fog lights that were installed in 1936 at Fort Gratiot Lighthouse. (Lighthouse Digest archives)
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2020


John Ernest Smith
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2020

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History