Digest>Jul/Aug 2019

Photo Caption:

In 1895, the government built this temporary short light tower to act as the Marblehead Lighthouse and installed a 6th order Fresnel lens in its lantern while the new taller lighthouse, shown to the far left, was under construction. The keeper’s house, built in 1878 and shown here, was the second keeper’s house to stand at the site. Sadly, it was demolished in 1959. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2019


Marblehead Light Through the Pages of Time
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2019

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History