Digest>Nov/Dec 2018

Photo Caption:

In 1927, the light attached to the Ida Lewis lighthouse keeper’s house was discontinued and placed atop the 30-foot steel tower shown here in this vintage photograph. The steel tower was discontinued in 1963 and removed. (Courtesy Jim Claflin, Claflin and Son Nautical Antiques.)
Back to the edition of: Nov/Dec 2018


Arlington National Cemetery Honors Lighthouse Heroine
Back to the edition of: Nov/Dec 2018

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History