Digest>Sep/Oct 2018

Photo Caption:

The South Haven Lighthouse is shown here in 1914 when it was painted white. The official name of the lighthouse is the South Haven South Pierhead Light. When it was constructed in 1903, part of the tower came from a discontinued lighthouse that once stood in Muskegon, Michigan. A story in The Daily Tribune dated October 14, 1903 stated, “The tower is to be of all new steel, but the cast iron steel ring on which the cupola will stand was brought from Muskegon, where it did duty for forty years on the lighthouse.” (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2018


South Haven’s First Light Keepers Honored With Memorial Markers
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2018

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History