Digest>June 2010

Photo Caption:

The small community church that once stood near the Assateague Lighthouse. The lighthouse keepers often officiated at the services. In 1921 the structure was moved off the island to Chincoteague and still stands today as a private residence. (Photograph courtesy Myrna Cherrix collection.)
Back to the edition of: June 2010


Assateague Lighthouse and Its Island
Back to the edition of: June 2010

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History