Digest>Jan/Feb 2017

Photo Caption:

According to written accounts, the keepers at Heceta Head Lighthouse would often have meals together. This 1920-1921 photo shows the three keepers sitting together along the backside of the table. They are (l-r) Frank DeRoy (his wife, Jennie, is standing in the white dress), Lillie Bay, Robert Bay, and Eugene Hayward. Keeper DeRoy replaced Olaf Hansen later in the year 1920 when Hansen went to Willapa Bay Lighthouse where he served until 1930. (Photo courtesy of Jean Hayward Wilkinson.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017


Family Ties at Tillamook Rock and Heceta Head Lighthouses
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History