Digest>Jan/Feb 2017

Photo Caption:

The “Needle’s Eye” was an unusual rock formation down the beach from Heceta Head Lighthouse that proved to be a fun photo frame for pictures. This one shows the head keeper’s house through the hole in the needle. Both are no longer there. The keeper’s house was razed in 1940 and the needle has long since disappeared due to erosion from the ocean waves. (Photo courtesy of Brian Bay.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017


Family Ties at Tillamook Rock and Heceta Head Lighthouses
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History