Digest>August 2009

Photo Caption:

Maine’s Burnt Coat Harbor Lighthouse was established in 1872 as a set of range lighthouses on a promontory called Hockamock Head on the 7,000 acre Swans Island to guide ships into the harbor. The front range lighthouse was discontinued in 1884 and pushed into the ocean. (Lighthouse Digest archives photo.)
Back to the edition of: August 2009


The Favorite Small Harbor
Back to the edition of: August 2009

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History