Digest>May 2009

Photo By:


Chris Mills

Photo Caption:

The abandoned lighthouse keeper’s house at Devil’s Island Light Station in Nova Scotia as it appeared in 2003. It was here where the Faulkner family once lived and listened to the General Electric radio mentioned in the story. The lighthouse was destaffed in 1967. Today the island, including the keeper’s house is now owned by Halifax, Nova Scotia businessman Bill Mont. The 1877 tower is still owned by the Canadian Coast Guard.
Back to the edition of: May 2009


Did Deceptive Advertising Cause Bad Karma?
Back to the edition of: May 2009

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History