Digest>Archives> September 2000

Dyce Head Lighthouse Restoration Project


As you may recall from past issues of Lighthouse Digest, Maine’s Dyce Head Lightstation keepers house was partially destroyed by fire in April 1999. The firm of Philbrook and Spinney, of Bangor, Maine, was hired by the town of Castine (owners of the lighthouse) to restore the 1828 property, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These photographs showing the severe damage caused by the fire and the restoration work are courtesy of Philbrook and Spinney and are used with their permission. We thank them for sharing them with us.

This story appeared in the September 2000 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History