Digest>Jan/Feb 2009

Photo By:


Tom McGuire

Photo Caption:

In 1841 the Twin Lights of Navesink in Highlands, NJ, were the first to use a Fresnel lens and in 1898 it was the first lighthouse station to have electricity. At one time, a head keeper and four assistant keepers were assigned to the lighthouse at all times. As a point of interest Harbour Lights offers a replica of the lighthouse in their “This Little Light of Mine’ series. It is available from Lighthouse Depot as item #43360 at www.LighthouseDepot.com or by calling them at 1-800-758-1444.
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2009


1893 Event Marked Official Start of The Pledge of Allegiance At NJ’s Twin Lights of Navesink
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2009

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History