Digest>May/Jun 2016

Photo Caption:

This undated aerial view shows, to the left, the metal skeletal tower that became the Stony Point Lighthouse on the Hudson River in 1925. To the upper right is the elegant 3rd lighthouse keeper’s house that was built in 1935. Today, No Trespassing signs tell the public that this area is off-limits to the public because the road going to the house is unsafe and the State of New York apparently lacks the funds to repair the road and there are no plans for the future to restore the house or open it to the public. It might make a great bed and breakfast that could produce income for the state. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2016


A Faithful Life at a Faithful Light
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2016

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History