Digest>Jan/Feb 2016

Photo Caption:

The additional keeper’s house as it appeared in the winter of 1958-59 when Walter Stephens was stationed there. According to Jeremy D’Entremont in his book, Lighthouses of Maine, the wood frame house, 31 foot by 32 foot, was built in 1876. Originally it held backup engines for the fog signal. However, in 1889 the fog signal equipment was removed and the living space as increased. After 1963 when Seguin Light Station was changed from a family station to a men only station, the Coast Guard decided the building was no longer needed and they demolished it. (Photo courtesy Beverly (Stephens) Ramsey.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016


Memories of Life at Seguin Island Lighthouse
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History