Digest>Jan/Feb 2016

Photo Caption:

Lighthouse keeper Frederic W. Morong is shown on the walkway at Maine’s Little River Lighthouse where he was the lighthouse keeper from 1898 to 1913. In July of 2002, under the leadership of Timothy Harrison, who was at the time president of the American Lighthouse Foundation, the Little River Lighthouse became the first lighthouse in New England and the third lighthouse in the nation to have its ownership transferred to a nonprofit under the National Historic Lighthouse Preservation Act. Harrison led a 13-year long effort to totally restore the light station that is located on a 15-acre island off the coast of Cutler. The restored light station is now available for overnight stays through the America Lighthouse Foundation. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016


Frederic W. Morong Honored with Historical Grave Marker
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History