Digest>Jan/Feb 2016

Photo Caption:

Maine’s Libby Island Lighthouse in Machias Bay where Frederic W. Morong and his family lived September 6, 1895 to June 1, 1898. The only things left on the island today is the tower and fog signal building; everything else was demolished by the Coast Guard. Today the island is part of the Petit Manan National Wildlife Refuge. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016


Frederic W. Morong Honored with Historical Grave Marker
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History