Digest>Nov/Dec 2013

Photo Caption:

The original Whaleback Lighthouse tower was first lighted in 1831 and was in use until 1872 when it was replaced by the current structure which was built right next to it. For a while, both towers stood side by side, until this structure was finally demolished. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Nov/Dec 2013


Seeking Access to Whaleback Lighthouse
Back to the edition of: Nov/Dec 2013

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History