Digest>Sep/Oct 2013

Photo By:


Timothy Harrison

Photo Caption:

This 1989 photograph shows when the 2nd order lens was still in the lantern room of Maine’s Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse. The light station is often referred to as Two Lights because two light towers were built here. The west tower was sold in 1959 and has remained in private ownership ever since. The east tower shown here, now known as the Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse, is currently under the care of the American Lighthouse Foundation. The lens was removed from the tower in 1994 and went on display at the Cape Elizabeth Town Hall. The keeper’s house, which has changed in appearance since this photo was taken, is privately owned. (Photo by Timothy Harrison.)
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2013


Cape Elizabeth Lens Moving
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2013

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History