Digest>February 2000

Photo Caption:

The Princess Bay Lighthouse, Staten Island New York was established in 1828 and discontinued in 1922. During that time it was also referred to as the Prince's Bay Lighthouse and the Red Bank Lighthouse. It was sold at auction in 1916 to the Mission of the Immaculate Virgin. The government removed the lantern room in 1922 and when the new owners took over they placed a statue of the Virgin Mary at the top of the tower. It is still there to this day.
Back to the edition of: February 2000


John Anderson, Lighthouse Keeper
Back to the edition of: February 2000

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History