Digest>Mar/Apr 2011

Photo Caption:

Depiction of the first Robbins Reef Lighthouse by Maine artist Pam Britton. The first lighthouse at Robbins Reef, built in 1839, was an octagon stone tower atop a stone base. The area was originally named by early Dutch settlers as Robyn’s Rift. Over time this changed to Robbin’s Reef aAnd then Robbins Reef. The tower was replaced by the current tower that stands there today and first lighted in 1883.
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2011


Kate Would Be Proud
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2011

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History