Digest>Jul/Aug 2021

Photo Caption:

On April 20, 1944, a fire, believed to have started in the paint locker, virtually destroyed the keeper’s house and heavily damaged the interior of the tower. The keeper’s house is shown here after the fire, minus its roof and the entire third floor. The house was demolished and replaced by nondescript Coast Guard housing. (U.S. Coast Guard photo, Lighthouse Digest archives)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2021


Little Gull Island – A Photographic Journey Through Time
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2021

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History