Digest>Jul/Aug 2021

Photo Caption:

The nickname of the three towers at Nauset Light known as the “Three Sisters of Nauset” was originally coined by Henry Y. Hatch, who was the keeper of the lighthouse from 1851 to 1853, in honor of his granddaughters Sarah, Laura, and Abbie. This was substantiated by many old timers on Cape Cod and in the book Growing Up on Cape Cod – Four Brothers Learning to Stand Tall, by Donald B. Sparrow. (Donald B. Sparrow collection, Lighthouse Digest archives)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2021


Keepers of Nauset Beach “Three Sisters” Lighthouses Honored with Memorial Markers
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2021

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History