Digest>Jul/Aug 2020

Photo Caption:

A photo of Otto’s fellow keeper’s family at the Keweenaw Waterway Upper Entrance North Light. The lighthouse was also known as the Portage Lake North Entry Ship Canal Lighthouse. Notice the horse on the lawn. Otto was here only a short time between 1902 to 1903. Sadly, this beautiful structure no longer stands. It was demolished in the mid-1930s. (Courtesy of Bufe Family archive)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2020


The Unordinary Life of Otto M. Bufe
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2020

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History