Digest>Sep/Oct 2016

Photo Caption:

The first Lamp Shop built in 1871. The engineers constructed a double-height open room with pits, ladders, and iron columns so the lampists could assemble and test even the largest size lenses and pedestals. Four two-story arched windows provided [plenty of] light….” (Vogel and Clifford 2007). Just beyond is the front of the three-story granite and red brick French Second Empire style Administration Building completed in 1871. Just to the right can be seen the buoys surrounding the flag mast on the “green.”
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2016


Collecting Nautical Antiques
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2016

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History